Dogs

Good Boy,   dry media, 8" X 10"


We collect grey water from our washing machine. I use the waste/grey water on the garden. Always good to recycle. Unfortunately, with the dry weather, the small critters jump into the water to meet their demise. I really do not despair over the mice, but the small chipmunks?  That chipmunk yesterday that was following me around the garden and chirping at me, was trying to tell me something. His friends jumped into the tub. Animals certainly communicate among themselves, why not with humans as well, or at least try.

I love dogs, mostly the large dogs. The two German shepherds we had were the best. We miss them dearly.  The two of them would have their disagreements, but usually got along well. They were very loyal and smart. As for most dogs, they can read your facial expressions and tone of voice. For the most part they could not communicate back to you as well. At best we read their behaviors. Too bad they could not tell us what was hurting or not. Perhaps all they hear is, ‘blah, blah, blah, walk, blah, sit, blah, blah, treat ‘.

The drawing is from a photo of one of our dogs a few years back. The light from the window made for a striking composition. I had a few pieces of Canson Mi-Teines paper that I experimented with. The best result was this drawing (above), just using dry media.

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Period

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings of Inventions

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings