Art Museums

What is your favorite art museum? If you can't go there in person to spend hours absorbing the magnificent artworks, go to their website. Chances are it will put a lift in your day browsing collections and discovering masterpieces. My favorite is The Art Institute of Chicago. My mother would take us on visits first making a bee line to the Impressionists. These were some of many pieces to fall in love with.

To stand in front of a master piece just takes my breath away. Words can not describe how I feel. One piece at the Institute has been etched into my brain is, https://www.artic.edu/artworks/20684/paris-street-rainy-day
1877
Gustave Caillebotte
(French, 1848-1894)



Click on the museum's link to read about it's restoration, history, provenance, etc.



Popular posts from this blog

Blue Period

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings of Inventions

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings