Studies


Cloud study, 9" X 12", oil

What are you studying lately? For me it is clouds and scenes with water. I look at the light and how it plays on the various shapes in the scene. I work with in a warm or cool color palette. The small studies are the next step after sketches. By the 'study step', I have worked out the composition and colors to a point where I can make fairly quick work of the study. These studies then, end up looking fairly spontaneous. They can be a lot of fun. If they go well, these small pieces are transformed into larger pieces. My goal is to keep that same spontaneity in the large piece. I aim for the emotional qualities to be in the final artwork.

Settling, 16" X 20", oil





Popular posts from this blog

Blue Period

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings of Inventions

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings