Expectations


It is always nice to know what is coming, like the snow storm last night, this time the weatherman got it right. We anticipate an outcome, conjuring up a picture in our mind. Then, as it happens, it is not what we expected. I will take different approaches to a painting. To workout a composition I will do a very abstract under painting. From this, the painting’s shapes and images slowing emerge. A colleague of mine suggested I work that in the reverse. Going from a realistic approach into abstraction. The approach was a bit more difficult than I expected. The really nice benefit of this brain explosion was that it empowered the bolder side of me. I went back to look at a few paintings that have been bothering me. Each of these paintings needed something. A good example is this blue heron wading in the water painting was crying for help. I courageously made the stroke of orange. Can say for certainty that it was unexpected.

Infusing, 20" X 24" Oil



Popular posts from this blog

Blue Period

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings of Inventions

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings