Letters Home

Who writes handwritten letters anymore? It was the rage before the internet and cell phones.
It was an art in itself. Some people have beautiful penmanship. Besides that, some letters are historic.
Keeping with Memorial Day I found this movie that was produced, “Dear America: Letters Home from Vietnam”.
I have not seen it and I am sure it would break my heart to see it.
It is a documentary featuring letters written by U.S. soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines during the Viet Nam War to their families and friends back home. Archive footage of the war and news coverage thereof augment the first-person 'narrative' by men and women who were in the war, some of whom did not survive it.

To lighten my heart I am putting up some illustrated letters of Charles M. Russell.
“Create in me a clean heart…and renew a right spirit within me.” Psalm 51



Popular posts from this blog

Blue Period

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings of Inventions

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings