Overcoming Timidity

Are you a timid artist? I believe most of us are perhaps depending on where we are in the creating process. I find that I overcome timidity when I am at a point of frustration. My thoughts are that something must give with this painting. So just take a drastic step. Here I load my brush with a nice rich color and make a bold stroke. I figure it is just a piece of paper or canvas with some paint on it. What do I have to lose, besides the hours of work I already have into the work. OK, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Surprisingly, most of the time I discover just what that painting needed and it works in a good way. Well, below is my progress on that large watercolor/mixed media triptych. Still working on it and still overcoming the timidity.




Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14:27

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Period

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings of Inventions

Leonardo da Vinci - Drawings